Home INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Introduction

Greetings! I just purchased Vocal 2.0 after receiving emails from Ken for almost one year. The email that finally convinced me to make the commitment was the one titled: "Secret to singing when you're 70+." I'm not quite there yet - but almost. I've been singing for fun since I was a child, high school choir, church, and with a local band in my early 30's. Life, work, and graduate school took over and music sat on a shelf. I'm not looking for a career at this point but would like to join a group and perform again. As Ken said, "It's never too late." And life is too short to not pursue your passion. I do appreciate the positive comments and support I've read so far in this forum. Refreshing and hopeful that I can get that muscle back in shape. Thanks!

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    @Kathryn ,

It's nice to hear that you're going to do this for you. It's a great thing to do at any age, and after making lots of sacrifices for others in your life, it's kind of nice to do something for yourself for a change.

It takes time to get all of the pieces put together and build new muscle-memory and reflexes, but it's all for a good cause: Your voice!

I've been involved in music since I was a lad, but it's nice to make it a bigger part of my life since I added vocals to my musicianship only later in life. It's really much more fun when you get to sing, as opposed to only playing instruments, no matter how much you might enjoy the instruments.

When the instrument is YOU, it just makes it awesome.

We have a lot of very cool people here on similar journeys, at all different points along their way. There is lots to learn and lots to enjoy, as well as good-old hard work to do!

Welcome!

Bob
  • Welcome to the club!

Peace, Tony
  • doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    Dear Kathryn,

another warm welcome from Europe. You will love this journey - and the very nice people here.

Looking forward to meet you here again.

Kind regards,
    Marco
  • bentkbentk Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,650
    Welcome Kathryn! Great choice!
    Although i'm a fair bit younger, it doesn't matter much when you start. The program works for people of any age. Good to have you here!

All the best,

Ben
  • Furious_PhilFurious_Phil Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,421
    Welcome Kathryn! They say that the journey of a thousand miles begins with a single footstep... age is irrelevant, the desire to pursue something of this nature is everything.
    Luckily, this road has allot of sympathetic travelers on it to help guide along the way!
    Have fun with it and let the fire inside keep you moving forward with it :+1: