Singing Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy
Hey Dudes and Divas!

Welcome to Singer Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy. Enrolled KTVA vocalists have access to the full singer forums, self-registered members have access to limited areas of the KTVA singing forum. Register to learn more.

To enroll in Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Singing Lessons click here.

Bruce Dickinson - Tears of the dragon

Hello

Does my voice sound good in this one?

https://vocaroo.com/i/s0xa6o2VB2t5

Comments

• HuduVuduHuduVudu Posts: 3772.0 PRO
    Being able to evaluate your own voice is very important to have if you are a singer. You need to hear your pitch and know if it matches the pitch your are trying to emulate. I would highly suggest you work on your singers ear. You can't go wrong with it.
  • Simpan27Simpan27 Posts: 184Member
    i thought it was a good vocal cover
  • HuduVuduHuduVudu Posts: 3772.0 PRO
    If that is your evaluation from what you are hearing, then it is. No other human being can tell you what is good or not, that evaluation can only come from you.
  • videoacevideoace Posts: 1,530Pro, 2.0 PRO
    It was just OK for me. A lot of the notes at the end of the phrases were flat of the target note. Your highly compressed voice works with this type of material, but you seem to run out of breath at the end of some of the phrases.

I want to have a discussion with you about something else now.

Do you take, and use the advise people here give you? or are you just looking to see if it's a good vocal or bad vocal?

The reason I ask this is because there is another student here (won't mention any names) who has only member status such as yourself, and when I first came here you both sounded so much alike vocally that I kept getting the two of you confused. Anyway, that particular student now has massively improved their singing while you still sound the same as you did when I came here.

So my curiosity has to ask you......do you take the advice people give you?

Peace, Tony
  • Gaston_JaureguiGaston_Jauregui Posts: 498Moderator, Enrolled, 2.0 PRO
    @Simpan27 Hi, i´ve posted you this before, but here I go again, to post it again, because I believe you have a promising voice, I hope you really work on this, and I hope to read your comments about the video after you practice it,

Please tell me what you learned after watching it, If you don´t answer I will honestly assume that you are not interested in our feedback, but in people´s compliments...
    hope you answer