Home Off Topic
Options

Reignwolf - awesome bluesy guy!

ZerathiosZerathios Enrolled, 2.0 PRO Posts: 18
I recently discovered this guy surfing youtube and he's got an awesome raw sound! just look at this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJo5ieZeXcg&feature=my_favorites&list=FLoETRdwmw3p-TgBULL_4t9Q

Is this guy destroying his vocal chords though? or is he using proper technique?

Comments

• Options
    ragnarragnar Pro Posts: 410
    Damn this guy is severely badass, great shout!

In terms of technique; I think the basics of his voice is very solidly founded but to my ears there is a great deal of anarchy in his ways of distortion. At times it sounds very much like what Ken advocates while he on the other hand has passages where he just blows a bunch of air through the sound and does some throaty-sounding sounds.

I could be wrong though and in any case he's wicked! Can't believe I haven't heard of him with that amount of raw talent.
  • Options
    sspatricksspatrick Enrolled Posts: 1,278
    Too funny this guy comes from my home town! He's been playing blues rock since he was 5yrs old. His real name is Jordan Cook, and he has been around for awhile. Very cool voice. He does blow a lot of air in the lower range, but has some great compression going on.