Singing Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy
Hey Dudes and Divas!

Welcome to Singer Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy. Enrolled KTVA vocalists have access to the full singer forums, self-registered members have access to limited areas of the KTVA singing forum. Register to learn more.

To enroll in Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Singing Lessons click here.

Newbie Music genre change question

YunalescaYunalesca Posts: 2Member
I have just joined to 'test the water' so speak.

I was trained classically when I was a child (5- 16) I wasn't too bad ... I was no Montserrat Caballe but I could hold a tune. I quit when I went to college because I had hit my goth phase and opera and classical was "just not cool". I semi regret this decision as I lost a lot of time and practice. I finally decided to get back on it and ended up having issues with stage fright or what I personally refer to as 'the fear'. I'm slowly, slowly overcoming this with much practice (I'm still working on it).

My question now is I am never going to be an opera singer and to be honest I don't want to be anymore so that's fine (hence the semi regret); however moving from a very classical training technique to transition to my preference of Hard rock style music is proving a challenge (and rightly so I have no delusions here). Could anyone point me in the direction of some good tutorials as a starter for 10 that could be useful to me as I do not want to destroy my vocal chords with the move.

Thank you all in advance
Laura

Comments