Home INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Enjoying the method but a little lost

A pleasure to participate in this wonderful forum. I have many questions!

Comments

• doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    Hi @Fernandom,

welcome. So, ask your questions. We will try to help you.

Regards,
    Doc
  • FernandomFernandom Enrolled Posts: 72
    Thanks!My question is to know in which order to train. I have heard that it is interesting to start once the course 1,2 or 3 in very smooth volume, with transitions and falsetto without doing everything with the voice of chest and then the second time doing everything with the chest voice stretching to the maximum.The second question is why there is a step by step guide for a baritone, any video even to be able to imitate the voice better. For a tenor it is much easier to reach certain notes but see a baritone I think it would help a lot to know exactly how to work. The third issue is that I notice 2 types of falsetto after the chest voice I can make a falsetto louder but there is a moment that I can continue although the sound is almost whispering even a little of frog and I do not know if it's normal. I appreciate the help
  • HuduVuduHuduVudu 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,818
    @Fernandom I can't really answer your question on the open part of the forum. That is why I suggested student access, so I can adequately answer what you are asking. Once you are upgraded re-post in the student areas and I (and others) will help get your question answered. :)

I sent the receipt to the mail and the request for special student for the forum but I have not had an answer
  • doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    Hi @Fernandom,

I had the same problem myself. I sent the receipt 3 times via my regular E-mail-adress of my practice. Then I tried it via my G-Mail-account and within hours I was registered as a student. Maybe you have another E-mail-adress to send the receipt.

Regards,
    Doc
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    @Fernandom

Send your information to [email protected]

I just looked at that email address and there is no message from you there. Please send your receipt and information there again. Make sure to mention your forums username in your email and attach your KTVA receipt.

Thanks.

Bob

I have sent at this time.Thanks!

I have already sent several emails
    I sent again a gmail email
    edited November 2018
    I sent again a gmail email
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    @Fernandom,

I see that you sent in your information. You now have access to student information in Volumes 1, 2, and 3.

Thanks.

Bob
    And this thread is now in a Student area, so you can ask specifics about the program that may not be clear to you.

Thank you, I'm doing the lip roll and tongue with connection going to the falsetto and then the following exercises with chest voice and with the modifications. I'm baritone and I think I should stop near a chest voice. The problem is that I hear Ken with what I think is a mixed voice and no chest. After resting 10 minutes I repeat the session but with connection to falsetto although this sounds very soft and I can follow Ken well. Would this be correct? Then on the support I I make a small pressure outward and not inward as seen in the video. Would it be correct? Maybe Ken will do it like that but it's a visual effect.

error: I'm a baritone and I think I should stop near note ,LA a chest voice
    Hi @Fernandom,

it is great that you managed to join the students area and that Bob ( @highmtn ) has moved the post to our students section.

I am german and have some problems to understand your questions. I am (was) a baritone, too. I can only guess what you mean. Please check if I understood it right.

I understood that you are having troubles to sing the full scales while trying to stay in pure chest voice. That is a regular at the beginning. I doubt that anyone untrained will be able to sing the scales staying in pure chest voice. And yes, I think you are right - maybe Ken is in a kind of mixed voice when going up.

I would suggest you a very empirical approach to that at the beginning. You should try to emulate Ken's sound. Do the video lessons with him and try to match his sound. So many things will get clearer and clearer as you are on the journey, believe me.

I can not tell you how much it helped me to watch the Vol. 1 videos over and over. When you will be seasoned with this program you will notice that Ken is telling you everything you need to become a great singer, starting with the first video you watch.

Regards,
    Doc

PS.: I am looking forward to see your first uploads to this forum.

Thank you very much for your response. You are then a baritone and can already make tenor notes in a mixed voice?
    Hi @Fernandom,

even better than that. At the beginning the highest note I was able to sing was a F4 / F#4 (straining and with pain). Meanwhile I am able to sing a C5, sometimes a D5, in chest voice. And this is already above a regular tenor. But it took me a lot of work.

You will get there, too, sooner or later. Be very patient at the beginning and don't hurry. You will have success as long as you do what Ken teaches us.

Regards,
    Doc
    thank you very much for the encouragement, do you have skype?
    Hi @Fernandom,

yes I do have skype. Do want to contact me personally? - If you want to, I can send you my Skye account via PM.

Regards,
    Doc

PS.: Where are you from, Fernando. I am from Germany. You can find more details in my profile.
    Spain ,Yes send me :smile:
    So, my wife, Sonja, should talk to you. She is learning spanish. We have been to Malaga this year. And it was great.

Hello doc I would like to hear you a song. The fact that you are baritone and make high notes will inspire me. Will it be possible?
    Hi @Fermadom,

you will find my christmas song in this forum soon. And I will also upload some scales this weekend.

Regards,
    Doc