Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!

Love in vain cover

Hi guys,
since I am a blues lover here is a cover of a Robert Johnson song.
He is the father of the Blues and I just love this song.
All the instruments are played by me.
Please feel free to give me some advice about my singing and I hope you like it.

Comments

• When you sing a blues song like that it's best to try to understand the story, and the hurt behind it. Blues songs are typically emotional songs, and should be sung as such.

Your support needs work. I was hearing a lot of breathiness in your sound.

You could also make the sound brighter. Open up. It's the Lah-ah!

Peace, Tony
  • doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    Dear Claude, Cher Claude,

WOW, that guitar solo at the end is really great. I guess that you are an awesome instrumentalist - a great musician at all. This is the best way to become a great singer. Do you remember Ken taking about instrumentalists?

And you deserve that I am completely honest with you. I understand that English is not your first language. Would it be okay for me to guess which language is your native language? - Spanish or French?

Regards,
    Doc (Marco)

PS.: I really hope that I did not offend you with my video ( I stuck on LAH / YA).

• Gaston_JaureguiGaston_Jauregui Moderator, Enrolled, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,004
    @Claude77 hi I would look for more smile and brightness it will feel a lot easier and improve your tone good guitars!
  • Claude77Claude77 Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 213
    Thank you all for taking the time to listen and comment.
    I am a guitarist yes, not a great one but someone who really love the blues.

Being an instrumental I know I much time and hard work I devoted to learn how to play the guitar and I put the same effort on singing.

It is paying off but as you have said it needs more work.

The bright sound and the ping is very important and I work on it everyday.
    Very slow improvement but constant.

Marco, I am Italian, I speak english but as you may know the pronunciation for latin speaker is hard.
    I watched some youtube videos from native speaker about the correct sound and I practiced along with the videos.

Any other suggestion on how to improve it?

My best.
    Claudio