Home Musical Gear and Equipment!!!

Roland VT-12 Vocal Trainer

Has anybody used one of these before or heard anything about them? It seems like a nice training tool to have. It's a bit pricey for what it is, but it has some good features on it.

Check it out, and let me know if you think it's worth what they want for it, and if you think it would be beneficial for this program specifically.

https://www.roland.com/us/products/vt-12/

Peace, Tony

Comments

• Actually from my experience with Roland, their products are usually pretty high end.

I like the recorder feature, and the fact that you can put Ken's scales into it via USB, and also carry it with you wherever you go.
    You can also put music tracks on it as well as Ken's exercises, and record yourself singing with it all while monitoring pitch.

I'm seriously thinking about grabbing one for myself.

Peace, Tony
  • bentkbentk Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,650
    No experience with this, but it seems to be what it is. Check your tempo, pitch and harmonies. If you need or want some visualisation there, then why not? Just can't tell if it works well or not.

Personally i would just record things and listen back. It's the most confronting. Use a good mic if you can though. :)
  • @bentk I just watched Roland's video of it on youtube, and it doesn't look to be of any use for me.
    To show pitch the button that represents the notes just lights up. It really doesn't show if you are holding it or not. It just lights up as you hit it.

It claims that it is for professionals as well as beginners, but personally from what I saw, I would say it's for mostly beginners or wanna be's.

Thumbs down for me, and I was kind of excited about it.

Peace, Tony
  • @iking I think I'll stick to using my own internal clock, and pitch monitoring. The apps I've seen don't really do much for me either.

Peace, Tony
  • bentkbentk Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,650
    @videoace That sounds pretty bad actually. I think there are much better tuners available.