Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!
Options

Pearl Jam 'Black'

Michael4000Michael4000 STREAMING PRO Posts: 992
So I've now added the consonants. Please let me know what you guys think and if you have any suggestions for improvement.

Thanks,

Michael

@HuduVudu @doc_ramadani @videoace @Vocality @bentk @Furious_Phil @Gaston_Jauregui @highmtn

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XC7b9v_XnuY

Comments

• Options
    doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    Hi Michael, @Michael4000

that sounds really cool. And very good how you tried to use the phrase singing on this snapshot. BTW, did you notice that your voice has become so much more condensed? - Your voice sounds much more consistent. - And I still love your "timbre" (tone). For me ... a really great improvement!

Regards, Doc

PS.: If you want a harsh "critique" :smiley: - at 1:00+ your timing!
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Thanks @doc_ramadani and yes, timing is still an issue I need to work on. What do you mean by "condensed"?
  • Options
    doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    "Condensed" for me means "more defined", "more cohesive", "more unique".
  • Options
    Got it, thanks
  • Options
    Good, sometime it is not so easy to describe things because I am not a native speaker.
  • Options
    highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,357
    I Immediately heard the difference on the first note, and all the way through. See how magic that process is? THAT's why you have to really work on your vowels before getting to this stage. You use the all that you've learned up to this point to rely on AH, AA, EE, Aye, OH, Ooh, and the fringes. You are now singing on vowels, the way you should be. Apply this from now on.

Places where it gets a little wobbly are where you need to concentrate on more consistency through even support. You can get away with very, very light consonants. It's the Vowels that need to be the meat of your singing.
  • Options
    VocalityVocality 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,602
    Really nice warm tones there, your doing well of course with some minor improvements that some of the more experienced guys have highlighted nice to see what all the hard work will acheive.
  • Options
    Thanks for the feedback guys, everyone has been very helpful. @highmtn Can you please give examples of words and time stamp that are "wobbly" and how I could better support it (you knew I would ask, haha)
  • Options
    @Michael4000 I think Bob means this in general and is not refering to your recording.