Singing Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy
Hey Dudes and Divas!

Welcome to Singer Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy. Enrolled KTVA vocalists have access to the full singer forums, self-registered members have access to limited areas of the KTVA singing forum. Register to learn more.

To enroll in Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Singing Lessons click here.

I'm dating a .................

thats part of the title of the song I wrote tonight.

Is it best to COPYRIGHT a song before posting?

Comments

• Klaus_TKlaus_T Posts: 712.0 PRO
    ... SINGER?! Hi @iking, I wouldn't worry about it too much, there is so much involved in making a song a "hit" (which is usually why people are afraid of them getting stolen), and most people I know use Soundcloud to make their original songs accessible to the public without thinking about copyrighting them (I don't know any really famous artists, so if you are one, that would be of course different). Also, by posting it, you will have some proof of the time of posting it (this might not hold up in court though). It costs money to properly copyright a song, so I would consider the risk/benefit ratio.

In these days with the market being flooded with millions of songs, I'd be more concerned about exposure, i.e. people getting to know I exist as an artist. Don't take my word for it though, let's see what the others are saying. I am looking forward to hearing it, copyrighted or not :)
  • ikingiking Posts: 330Pro
    edited December 2018
    Hi Klaus_T,

You've got some good, and interesting, tips here, thanks.

Famous? Nooo. The posting date thing wont hold up, I'm told, yeah.

I have a new ________________ series of songs upcoming. Those I did copyright the
    rough demos. { kind of a pita, using the gov site }.

thanks