Singing Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy
Hey Dudes and Divas!

Welcome to Singer Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy. Enrolled KTVA vocalists have access to the full singer forums, self-registered members have access to limited areas of the KTVA singing forum. Register to learn more.

To enroll in Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Singing Lessons click here.

First Time "Crying" in D Major instead of Bflat.

victortangvictortang Posts: 3342.0 PRO
So here's the thing....I do my 24 exercises Vol 3 twice a day, and at the end of each session, if i have the time and energy, I would pull out songs that were previously impossible to sing, or impossible to sing without transposing to a lower key. Today, I dived into this karaoke backing track straight after Vol 3. Amazing! As Promised by Ken, these exercises really open up your voice!!!! I swear, I have sung this song for over 30 years, in a Bflat major, this was in D major, for the first time in my life. This stuff really works!!!!

Comments

• doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Posts: 1,273Administrator, 2.0 PRO, hidden_admin, Facility Management
    Wow at 1:45, very smooth! Great, Victor. I love when you sing with less theatrical attitude. If you sing more in a pop manner it really sounds pretty, pretty good. There are several beautiful moments in this recording. Congratulations. I see you growing more and more. You sound more and more uncovered. Doc
  • victortangvictortang Posts: 3342.0 PRO
    edited February 5
    I don't try to be theatrical Doc. It just happens. haha.... Thanks for your generous caring attitude. The world needs more of you. "Uncovering" sounds good! i have to remember that I have had nodules in my vocal chords and couldn't talk for over a year. When I was singing for a living back in the 90s, I had a different voice. Bright and light. So i am lucky that i am even singing today. I will get that back!
  • victortangvictortang Posts: 3342.0 PRO
    edited February 7
    @doc_ramadani I found a song in a cd I made in 1990. I was 25yo!!! 29 years ago!!!!!!!! Imagine that!!!!! Here it is, a song I wrote, arranged and sang: