Home Off Topic

How is the Ken Tamplin's online course for non native speakers?

thiago3mthiago3m Member Posts: 64
Sometimes I watch his videos and I don't understand some expressions or some singin terms.

Comments

• Furious_PhilFurious_Phil Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,421
    If you can try to recreate the sounds he is making, you are more than halfway there!
    Make notes on the words that you don't understand and either try to look them up, or even ask on here. We'd be more than happy to try to explain them. Its also quite likely that we have someone on here that speaks your native language to help you with it.

Regards,

Phillip
  • Klaus_TKlaus_T Moderator, 2.0 PRO Posts: 2,406
    @thiago3m , yeah, if you have something you don't understand and can't write it down because of that, you can post the youtube link here with the time stamp and we can tell you what it says. same if you get the course, you can also ask on here to get help. I am German but I understand almost 100% of the material, I got lots of private and work experience in English though. to be fair, the vocabulary on the course is rather limited (and a handful of words is repeated ALL the time), once you identified the important vocabulary you will be able to memorize it, and there is also written material (not a whole lot but with a glossary etc)) which helps clarify stuff. the course is basically repeating scales after Ken, so as @Furious_Phil said, you can follow along and that is a good part of the job done for you.

random information: the one word which took me a while to get was what I thought sounded like "berry" and it turned out to be "bari" as in baritone, so maybe that is also one of the ones you struggle with :)