Singing Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy
Hey Dudes and Divas!

Welcome to Singer Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy. Enrolled KTVA vocalists have access to the full singer forums, self-registered members have access to limited areas of the KTVA singing forum. Register to learn more.

To enroll in Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Singing Lessons click here.

Greetings from Missouri, USA

Hello all,

Looking forward to checking out all of these lessons. I was never a singer (perhaps a few backups here and there in previous bands). I was always a bass player. Several years ago I became ill with a muscle disease that causes my muscles to easily severely cramp with repetitive actions or sustained holds. Needless to say, it was an end to my bass playing.

Then about 3 years ago, I became ill with a mast cell disease which eventually caused me to become allergic to all foods and a variety of environments. I lived with going through severe allergic reactions over and over again, day in and day out, several leading to ER visits to get them under control. After nearly a year of trying to diagnose and then treat that illness, my throat was a wreck. I could not even sing along to the radio in my car without coughing.

I told myself "everyone deserves the right to sing, even if they don't sing well. Singing is wonderful for the soul". So, I hired a local vocal coach and he helped me rehab my vocals back to where I was able to sing again. After a little more time, I actually achieved a vocal quality that was far greater than ever before. I decided that I wanted to practice more and see if singing could replace my bass playing. My coach moved away and I was on my own, but after a year of continuous work, I just ended up as the lead singer for a local band. Now, its time to take my voice to the next level and I'm looking forward to this course helping me out because the material that I need to sing is extremely challenging (Iron Maiden Tribute Band).

I'm looking forward to chatting and bouncing ideas around with this community while we push forward with our vocal training.

Louis

Comments

• HuduVuduHuduVudu Posts: 1,602Administrator, Moderator, Premium, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management
    Welcome @SlaySomething that is one hellava story!

You have come to the right place. :)

Don't forget as a student you will have access to the student areas. You can sign up for that access here.
  • highmtnhighmtn Posts: 14,523Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro
    Yes, Welcome, Louis! :)
  • doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Posts: 2,449Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management
    Hello Louis, @SlaySomething

being a Medical Doctor I am very sorry to read that life put you these hard challenges. Again, a very warm Welcome. You have come to the right place. I started 6,5 months ago and singing has become a real passion for me.

Doc
  • SlaySomethingSlaySomething Posts: 102.0 PRO
    Thanks all for the welcome. @doc_ramadani my last illness was the most terrifying thing I went through in my life. I was wasting away and no one could figure out how to stop it. I feel like I have a new lease on life now. If I didn't go through that episode, I might not have ever walked into a vocal lesson. Weird how life can change courses on you. If this singing thing works out, it might end up being one of the more fantastic things I would have accomplished for myself in life. My suffering had presented an opportunity.

Louis
  • Gaston_JaureguiGaston_Jauregui Posts: 990Moderator, Enrolled, 2.0 PRO
    @slaysomething iit does work and its the best program out there! it just has to be taken seriously like any other instrument :)