Singing Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy
Hey Dudes and Divas!

Welcome to Singer Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy. Enrolled KTVA vocalists have access to the full singer forums, self-registered members have access to limited areas of the KTVA singing forum. Register to learn more.

To enroll in Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Singing Lessons click here.

Nasty Dry Cough - A Singer's Road to Wellness...

Furious_PhilFurious_Phil Posts: 1,271Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO
I hope that this is of help to others to persevere when the weird stuff rears its head.

I have been suffering with this weird intermittent (unexpected) dry cough that originates straight back from my jugular notch (where your clavicles meet in the center). After a few coughing sessions, it tends to leave my vocal cords in an inflamed state. As you can imagine, this is a very precarious situation for a singer!

To date:
- I've been given Ventolin puffers
- I've been tested for asthma
- I had chest X-rays
- I've had the lung volume tests ( I blew at 117%)
- The doctor recently gave me Pantaloc to help defeat her suspicion of silent reflux. This has actually helped quite allot, but I still occasionally get the cough especially when I hit cold air
- Last phase is I am going to an ENT to finally get properly scoped.

in the meantime, - I use glutathione (Most effective for reducing resultant vocal cord inflammation)
I also dropped coffee and dairy, and drink Peppermint tea to keep the mucous off my cords, and licorice tea to ease any inflammation on my cords.

So now I wait for the ENT appointment... I'll let you know how it turns out :hushed:

Comments