Home Vocal Health and Wellness

Change Inner Clock of the voice

JoerchJoerch 2.0 PRO Posts: 10
edited May 2019 in Vocal Health and Wellness
Hey, everyone! I've got a special question and you can take it from the title. And maybe it came up earlier, but I need to know it now. How can I change my Inner singing Clock in the best way? Because I will get a new job and I have to work from 10 A. M. to 19 P. M. and the best time to practice singing is the late afternoon to me. Thank you for your answers! Deer Greetings!

Comments

• WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    I can’t remember where or which video it is but the best way is to change it gradually by say an hr each day if possible until you reach the time slot you want. If that’s not possible then just start now and I’m sure your voice will start to adapt. My practices happen all over the place, afternoon to evening is always best for me but when I have to do it in the morning it takes half of my session for it to feel like it’s starting to wake up. It gets there eventually. Hope that helps!
  • bentkbentk Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,650
    So you are going to do your practice earlier in the day? I would take a bit more time to warm up, and just try to stay consistent every day you practice.

If i want or need to do my warmups/exercises in the afternoon, or even in the morning, i simply take out enough time and spend more time on the 'easier' warmups. So perhaps a few more lip rolls than normal, and not singing the scales too high to start with. Slowly start to go higher in the scales until you are in top form. Actually, Ken tells you to do that every time you warmup. Start easy, there is no need to push your limits immediately.

Simply put: Take out more time to slowly work up your exercises every day, slowly adding higher notes the more you warm up. You'll get used to it in time :)

Hope this makes sense to you!
  • JoerchJoerch 2.0 PRO Posts: 10
    Thanks for your help! Yeah, i made sense to me. Thank you. 😀