Home Vocal Health and Wellness

Almost fainting while singing

So guys, this weird thing starts to happen to me when i start singing for a while (1 hour or more), every time i try to compress to reach very high notes or scream, when i release that pressure i can get dizzy and sometimes even have to take a knee so i dont fall to the side :#

Interesting note, it seems that powerlifters share this problem! Maybe i should actually try and find out how they try to work around it but i figured its problably smarter to ask the singers forum first seeing as this is related to singing :D

The scary thing about it is that you dont really feel the pressure putting you down untill you release it, which means you can compress for a long long time and think that you're fine or you can handle it, and then as sson as you release it, you immediatly feel like you're going down for the count.

Any tips on how to prevent/reduce this issue? Would be forever grateful :)

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    We don't know enough about the methods you are using when you sing like this. What you are calling compression may not be what we would call compression. You may be overdoing something.

You can submit a demo and show us safely (without passing out) what you are doing and how you are doing it.
  • ItsMeJohnnyItsMeJohnny Member Posts: 20
    Sorry for the late reply guys, i went to the doctor and it seems i have some issues with low blood pressure, seems like that explains the whole ordeal, also realized i was pushing my abs too hard, no need to overdo it specially when you have these issues :smiley:

Been doing better now, but i could still record a demo for you guys, maybe you might find some other stuff im doing wrong...?