Homeβ€Ί GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum
Options

My Friend Has Incredible High Notes!

Sometimes i'm jealous with someone especially my friend that can belt very high notes and sounds really chesty. He never do many hard practice and research like me. But he nailed it, just like born with this. πŸ˜‚

https://youtu.be/18ZN72mylGs

Does he hit that notes in chest voice or mixed voice? And why it looks like he just born with this. He didn't even know about vowel modifications. How could he open throat very easily.

Comments

• Options
    HuduVuduHuduVudu 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,818
    He is in head voice, and he won't be doing this for very long if he tries do it a lot.

It sounds very good, but because his technique is improper he is risking his voice every time he does it. I advise you to follow your own path and learn proper technique. He understands a lot of things well, but IMO the most important things he does not understand. Take what I have to say for what it is worth. :)
  • Options
    bentkbentk Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,650
    Yeah the high notes are head voice. Besides some pitch issues, it sounds pretty good. But like HuduVudu said, he can really use some more vocal training to refine his technique. I won't go into details right now, but yeah.

Keep practicing and learning, use the free KTVA tutorials on youtube as a start and move onto the singing course if you want to grow the best voice you can possibly have. Everyone can learn to sing with the right guidance.

Anyway, thanks for sharing!

All the best,

Ben
  • Options
    fadelsawifadelsawi Member Posts: 35
    HuduVudu said:

He is in head voice, and he won't be doing this for very long if he tries do it a lot.

It sounds very good, but because his technique is improper he is risking his voice every time he does it. I advise you to follow your own path and learn proper technique. He understands a lot of things well, but IMO the most important things he does not understand. Take what I have to say for what it is worth. :)

Thanks for reply bob, maybe above C5 he is using headvoice, but his C5 is sounds very chesty to me 😯
  • Options
    fadelsawifadelsawi Member Posts: 35
    bentk said:

Yeah the high notes are head voice. Besides some pitch issues, it sounds pretty good. But like HuduVudu said, he can really use some more vocal training to refine his technique. I won't go into details right now, but yeah.

Keep practicing and learning, use the free KTVA tutorials on youtube as a start and move onto the singing course if you want to grow the best voice you can possibly have. Everyone can learn to sing with the right guidance.

Anyway, thanks for sharing!

All the best,

Ben

Thanks ben