Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!
Options

5 DEMOS FOR THE BOLD...FRANK SINATRA, BJ THOMAS, DEPECHE MODE, LOIS JORDAN

Comments

• Options
    sealrosesealrose Enrolled Posts: 162
    Man thanks for all of that...wow. As far as recording and reproduction I have really cheap equipment so I have mix with headphones and not monitors...this always gives a different result from what I hear and what comes up on the playback you hear here. When I hear it myself..it does sound a bit rich. I also record over 'karaoke' insrtumental tracks. For me recording with headphones like this does mess with my pitch a bit...this is a bit frustrating. Now thats out the way I really appreciate your comments with each tune. By the way, Bob helps me a huge amount, but I think he is doing a lot with Ken these days (Fantastic Guy)
    OK...will work more on this. Also...A great jazz voice?...I like that...(I'm more from a rock-heavy rock background by the way...ha).....more on that later. And also boyish on 'raindrops'?.....Im 56!!!!
    Id really like you to comment on further posts of mine if you dont mind.
    Thank you very,very much. Tom
  • Options
    WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    Hi mate, I only listened to killing me softly and I understand where @coffeecrank is coming from. Stylistically what you did with shortening the words could work, but to make it less abrupt hang the vowel just a touch longer. Not as long as the words softly and song at the end of each chorus but just a bit longer. You have good tone going on as well 🙂
  • Options
    sealrosesealrose Enrolled Posts: 162
    Great....Also the more info the better. Whether you're an expert or not, your comments are accurate correct and honest....its no use family and friends telling hoe good this is....Feedback from a Pro or someone who knows what they are listing to (which you are) is what Im looking for. Also you have my full permission to tell it as it is....no sugarcoating....
    Again thanks and will post more tunes and I will tag you.
    Cheers. Tom