Home INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Greetings from CT

dfp123dfp123 Volume 1 Posts: 1
Hi everyone,

My name is Dan and I have been playing music since 5. Involved in orchestra, various bands and now writing music in a home studio. I have never felt I had any ability to sing and never felt like I knew how to get there. I was never happy with my vocals for my tracks, which had no strength or texture and major problems keeping pitch.
I had just stumbled on someone talking about KTVA in a forum and I was intrigued. I have just purchased Vol 1 and here I am a 44 year old vocal beginner. The difference now I feel I am finally going in the right direction. On the second day of going through the exercises, I felt my voice kick into gear while practicing the AH. I felt it resonating in my chest and heard some texture I didn't realize I could get before.
Trying to take it slow and get the most out of the program, but I am very pleased and excited so far.
Thanks for the well thought out and presented product. I feel I made an excellent choice.
These forums look like they contain a wealth of great information. Is there a specific place in the forum with information for people just starting out?
Thanks.

Dan

Comments

• AmotarasoAmotaraso Pro Posts: 18
    Hi Dan

Welcome to KTVA. I'm almost as new as you. In my third week atm.
    So I can't tell you a lot. But I can for sure tell you that the forum is amazing. The moderators are superior. They know their stuff and can give you eye-opening answers that will help you a lot.

The DVD teaches you lots. But when you hit walls and don't fully grasp the meaning of some things Ken says, just ask on the forum, or search for a topic with similar context, and I guarantee you will pick up some information that can help you move on.

If you have access to the entire forum, you can already learn a lot just by glimpse the various forums.

Hope I gave you a little to work with :-) And again, welcome to KTVA. It's like a new highlight to your life isnt it? :D

Thomas
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354

Helllo, Dan,

And welcome to KTVA!  You have made a wise choice, as you have seen already, your your voice has changed for the better!

It appears that your forum status is listed as "member".  One way that you can benefit more from this forum site is to send an email to ktvahelp@gmail.com and request that your forum status be upgraded from member to "Enrolled".  This will provide access to much more information on the KTVA Forums that will help you with some of the bumps in the road ahead.  Please copy and paste into your email a copy of your emailed receipt for your KTVA purchase, and that will help to speed the process along.

Also, in the header/title to your email, please put "Upgrade Forum Status" so they will see it right away and know where to forward your message.

You're still a young pup at 44, and that's a great place to start progressing from.  Get ready, because this is going to be a long journey of vocal progress that will last you the rest of your singing life!

The more you put into it, the more you will receive.

Pay strict attention to Ken's instructions in the videos and audio exercises.  Even the small stuff is really important.  Ask questions here, and we will help.

Welcome, again, Dan.

Bob

• dfp123dfp123 Volume 1 Posts: 1
    Thanks so much for the quick and informative responses. I will absolutely send an email in to upgrade my status to "enrolled".
    This is something I had always wished I could do and now I feel I am finally on the road.
    Thanks for the help.

Dan