Home INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Hi!

Hi there. My name is Scotty and I'm from Wales in the United Kingdom. I'm mainly into classic rock/blues influenced rock like Zep, Hendrix, The Stones, Free etc. I play guitar in a band and we've been looking for a new singer for ages and quite honestly some of the so called "singers" that have auditioned for us have been appalling (think very, very bad American Idol audition). So I've taken it upon myself to learn to sing and play which is going ok at the moment but I need to take things to the next level.
 I haven't enrolled as yet but come payday it'll be game on!! Not sure whether to buy the KTVA method a volume at a time or get the whole lot which works out cheaper in the long run. 
Anyway Hi dudes and divas! Keep rockin'

Comments

• KenboKenbo Pro Posts: 26
    edited March 2013
    @welshscotty Hey Scotty, just want to give you my perspective here as a guitarist that is sick and tired of being held hostage (song selection, set changes because their voice "goes", . . .) by singers that are, better than me, but no where near as good as they think they are. If you're highly motivated, and it sound like you are, then get the whole package, go through the download/mailing one time, and have it all ready as you need it (or want to peek ahead). I am very happy with my progress as I just started vol3 a few nights ago (started vol1 in early Nov). Not to the point of being the lead vocalist yet, but certainly heading in the right direction. There is a wealth of info, vids, and exercises that at first challenge, then, truly develop your voice. Any problems along the way, you can review and ask questions here in the larger member forum. Hope to see you in here; best wishes! -kenbo
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354

Scotty,

Welcome, and glad to meet you!  You will find that you have made a wise decision once you get into the KTVA program and see how much your voice will grow!

As Kenbo says, no longer will you have to sit on the sidelines and wait for others to stroll up to the microphone.  Time to take the bull by the horns and let the vocalist inside of you step up to the mic!

Bob

• karlkarl Pro Posts: 3
    Hiya Scotty,

I'm brand new to this also. I went ahead and bought the bundle as I tried Speech Level Singing (which was useless) So went ahead and gave this a go as Ken Tamplins mug shot kept popping up on my monitor! Wish I had tried this one first as it truly is AWESOME!

Good luck with ya band and future lead vocals... I know from auditioning singers in the past is a complete nightmare and probably quicker to just learn to do it properly yourself. You've made the right choice starting here, so your off to a flying start!
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354

Hey, karl, Hi to you, too!

That's a nice picture of you, I might say...

Many refugees from SLS here, all much happier now!

Welcome!

Bob

• welshscottywelshscotty Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for the nice, positive comments guys! Looking forward to chatting with ya some more on other posts! 
  • ragnarragnar Pro Posts: 410
    Welshscotty I would go ahead and buy the 3-volume bundle together asap if I were you unless it would delay your purchase several months or more, in which case I would go for volume 1 and then add the other two.

Trust me you won't regret it. It's not a magic pill by any means but it is by far the best option available online (and I've looked into them all more or less).