Home INTRODUCE YOURSELF
Options

New KTVA forum member

Hello.  My name is William Wolfe.  I am a multi-instrumental musician from America currently living in Bangkok, Thailand.  Yesterday I purchased the How to Sing course, feeling excited and ready to start singing.  Today I am sick with a sore throat!  Figures, doesn't it?  Have no fear, the sore throat did not result from practicing Ken's vocal exercises.  I'm sure my illness is only a temporary situation, and I'll be singing my head off soon enough.  In the meantime, I'll be watching the level 1 videos to get the gist of what the program is all about.

I''ve been singing in rock bands on and off since I was 17 (I'm 41 now).  As an older guy, I was at first worried that I might not be able to do this.  But after watching Ken sing and learning that he, too, was once a baritone stuck at F#, as I am now, well, that's what sold me on the course.  I am the leader of a studio recording project called Brimstone Fist, and the debut CD was released in February '13.  I've recently been singing with an as yet unnamed band which plays doom metal and stoner rock (I hate that label) stuff.

Ok, that's enough about me for now.  I look forward to meeting all of you and participating in discussions on the forum.  Stay heavy!  WW

Comments

• Options
    sspatricksspatrick Enrolled Posts: 1,278
    Great to have you here. It's probably a good thing that you can't dive in right now. Watch the videos over and over. Take it all in, and then enjoy the work!
  • Options
    highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,357

Nice to meet you, William.

You will find that you can increase your range, tone, and power at your present age and beyond!

You're just a youngster!

It will be exciting watching your progress!

We're here to help with your questions and revue your demos!

Rock on!

Bob

• Options
    willwolfewillwolfe Pro Posts: 5
    Thanks Bob.  I've been watching the videos, and there seems to be a science to singing.  The stuff that Ken is talking about is beginning to make sense, and I can begin to apply it as a listener if not yet as a vocalist.  I've been listening today to Yngwie Malmsteen's "Marching Out" album, featuring vocalist Jeff Scott Soto, and I can begin to hear, "ok, so right there he's moving from chest voice into head voice."  I figure that's a good start, just listening to master vocalists such as JSS, one of the best in the business, and trying to understand what he's doing.
  • Options
    highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,357

WW,

Your brain is going to start hearing all sorts of new things you've never noticed before as you begin to process this information.  You are just getting ready to lift off the Launchpad!

Bob

• Options
    eabadcoeabadco Pro Posts: 5
    I am retired and recently joined the church choir.  I want to sing better than the choir members and also give the church paid professional lead singers some serious competition.

I also like to sing like a professional when invited by bands playing the 60's music.

I want to prove them wrong..... who said that you cannot teach an old dog new tricks ?

Thanks....Ed
  • Options

Ed,

Howdy, Partner!

We do allow retiree's to sing in these here parts...  In fact we let 'em belt and WAIL!!!

Follow Ken's instructions and start building that KTVA Voice.  You can make the choir take notice.   And you can give it up to The LORD!

You will have a ROCKIN' voice, using the power you're going to develop.

You have an advantage over many of the singers here.  You can practice instead of going to a Nine-to-Five.

You can make SINGING your job!  Do it!

Welcome, Ed!

Bob

• Options
    SydneywSydneyw Pro Posts: 1
    i am a new participant in Ktva via the download, 2 payment plan, of How to sing better...'.the first 2 downloads came in, then i playlisted them on amazommp3. i am doing Diva 1,19 tracks, then will get to Diva2.. so far so good, but dont like steady referals to the dvd series, whixch i did not get. want to see ken in more teaching vids, am told to check out the forum. any more ideas. i do like Kenvery much, his is awesome , and i think he will help, he is passionate.
  • Options

Hi, @Sydneyw,

I just saw your post.

Welcome to KTVA!  If you got the Download, then the video files that are part of the download are the same videos as you get in the DVD's.  So in other words, you DO have the DVD's if you got the ProPack download.  If you got something different, like KTVA mini, then you could be in a situation where you DON'T have access to all of the videos.

Can you tell me which is the case?   PRO?  Mini? Volume 1 and 2?  It makes a difference in what is available to you currently.

You can write to me in my forums "inbox" if you prefer, and discuss your situation.

So again, WELCOME to the KTVA forums, and please get back to me regarding your forums status.

Bob

• Options

@Sydneyw,

With the 2 payment plan, you get the remainder of the downloads when you make your final payment.  So in other words, you will be receiving everything that someone who purchases the DVD's gets.   No need to feel left out.  You get the final downloads when your final payment is processed.

If you experience any delays in that process, be sure to send a message to ktvahelp@gmail.com and let KTVA know that you need assistance.  You can also contact me here in my inbox.

Thanks.

Bob