Singing Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy
Hey Dudes and Divas!

Welcome to Singer Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy. Enrolled KTVA vocalists have access to the full singer forums, self-registered members have access to limited areas of the KTVA singing forum. Register to learn more.

To enroll in Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Singing Lessons click here.

Supplemental (and Beneficial) Breathing Exercises?

Are there any breathing exercises that would expedite the development of a singer?

I'm looking into purchasing Jamie Vendera's Ultimate Breathing Workout but have never heard him actually sing and was wondering if breathing exercises are only a way to locate the correct support in the beginning stages rather than improve the voice of someone who has been doing the program nearly 6 months.

Thanks!

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Posts: 14,464Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro

I would not recommend mixing other vocal methods with KTVA. There will be contradictions and conflicts that will not be reconcilable.

For strengthening your vocal support I would recommend going through all three KTVA volumes and continuing on with Building Head Voice.  If you get to the point of doing the Volume 3 workout and the Building Head Voice workout every day, you will be building some serious vocal power. 

Bob 

• TravisBinghamTravisBingham Posts: 16Pro
    That's great advice. Thanks, Bob!