Home Ken Tamplin's Corner
Options

Mixed voice

jonesjones Enrolled Posts: 1
Hey everyone,

I've had Ken's complete dvd/cd set to learn to sing and I'm working on finishing up volume 1. I've learned the vowel modifications etc etc, but when it comes to bridging voice I cant seem to do it. I'm a high baritone and can reach the E past the "high C" which Ken points out is normally what the highest note in the male tenor range is. However, when it comes to bridging into the mixed voice my voice just crackles, gets really weak and just shuts down especially when I try to sing lighter. Basically I've found I can hit higher notes (with no strain in the neck etc) when I sing louder than when I sing softly.  I don't currently have an ability to make a good quality recording but are there any suggestions? Or should I just keep working on bridging? I don't know what to do.

Thanks   

Comments

• Options
    highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,357
    edited May 2013

We really need to hear what you are doing.

Do you have a webcam with a built-in microphone?  That would be good enough.  Most digital cameras have the ability to record video and sound.  You could record yourself on one of those, as well, and then load it onto a computer to get it onto YouTube or Soundcloud.

There are a number of things that could be going on, but we need to hear you.

Bob