Home GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum
Options

Throat

Hey everyone, I've been practicing with the KTVA method now for a couple weeks.  Super pumped!!  Loving everything that has happened so far.  I practice 5-6 days a week and most times I do the practice back to back.  Once I finish it I just start again.  So great to hear and feel the difference between the first and the second round.  My questions are these.  Once I have finished I feel like I have blown up a bunch of balloons.  I'm not sure if you have ever blown up enough balloons where a certain muscle in your throat feels like it's never been used before.  It's the best analogy I can come up with.  Is this correct?  My second question is as follows.  When practicing the first of 3 CD's am I not to dip into the head voice at all?  Am I supposed to only keep it to a chest voice?

Comments

• Options
    voodoovoodoo Pro Posts: 250
    You do want to stay in chest for Vol 1.  I am not sure about your balloon analogy but if it's just inferring that it feels like you have worked the muscles and maybe some that are not used to it that is ok as long as your throat is not hurting or extremely sore.   Make sure you are working to obtain and use strong diaphragmatic support and that the throat is open.