Home INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Another new guy....

pdjpdj Pro Posts: 11

Phil here, looking for vocal improvement like the rest of us ;) I've just got as far as viewing Volume 1 several times and I just finished my first Volume 1 workout.

Harder than I thought - sweating here, lol.

Anyway, thanks to my friend John (JohnJohn) for the recommendation.

Comments

• sspatricksspatrick Enrolled Posts: 1,278
    It will get easier! All the best great to have you here
  • Derrick SchneiderDerrick Schneider Member Posts: 71
    sspatrick said:

It will get easier! All the best great to have you here

When will it start to become easier? I've been doing volume 1 for a week in a half so far and feel some improvements but the highest I can go right now in chest comfortably is about a G4. In mix or head it's from A4 to B#5. But I want it all to be full someday, Haha. Before I started volume 1 I could only go up to an E4 in chest before tranistioning into my mix voice. When should I move on to Volume 2?
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354

Hi, Derrick1,

It depends on what you define as "easier". 

We all tend to push the envelope to our extremes.  By definition, being able to go further than we now can SHOULD be harder to do.  It's just that what is hard for us to do now will become easier.  There will always be more difficult mountains to climb.

That's what keeps us going. 

This is a journey you are starting on, and it will last you the rest of your singing life!  Get comfortable with striving for more and more excellence, because it is coming! 

A lot of folks would be envious of your G4.  On the other hand, you may be doing a B4 before long!

We'll see how long it takes you to get to a High C! Maybe a higher D and even an E!

It all takes work and practice, but you have the tools now that you need to guide you there.

Welcome to the KTVA Forums!

We're glad to meet you!

Bob

• sspatricksspatrick Enrolled Posts: 1,278
    I remember when I started playing guitar. Surprisingly I didn't get really good after 1 month:). Think of your voice like any other instrument or skill. It takes time. Rushing through wont get you the results. I've been working volume 3 for over a year and am now seeing the fruits of my labor. Hang in there work hard and the results will come.
  • xmasboyxmasboy Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 11
    Just got the program last night! I'm making my way through Volume 1 as we speak. I had a 1 on 1 with Ken before I bought the program and really got a great vibe from him. He seems very honest / sincere and really enjoys teaching. LET THE HARD WORK BEGIN!! If anyone can give me some pointers right off the bat it would be much appreciated!

Thank you!

http://youtu.be/RoK2_UXNTVE
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354

Noel,

I enjoyed listening to your demo! You have a rich tone.

You will find that this program will really grow your voice more ways than you can imagine!

I also like your attitude of "Let the hard work begin!"  in all CAPS, no less!

So let's get on with it!

You have come into the program with a strong voice.  Now comes the hard work of exercising and growing your range and stamina.  Do pay very close attention to putting in at least an hour a day, preferably two, at least six days per week. 

Also pay a lot of attention to the exercises that build Support!  That will pay back many times over in terms of building the quality of your voice.

Ken is the real deal.  He is sincere and honest, and will tell you exactly what you need to do to get maximum results from your voice.

Welcome!

Bob

• xmasboyxmasboy Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 11
    Thanks Bob.

I'm going to have to rearrange my schedule to make sure I have an hour to set aside everyday. I appreciate your feed back!

Thanks again!
  • pdjpdj Pro Posts: 11

Judging by the "when to move to Volume 2" comments, I expect to be doing Volume 1 for another 4-to-6 weeks before looking at 2.  I get that it's muscle training and will take a few weeks, that's understandable. Yes, every day!

Thanks for the welcome ;)

Way to go! Wise decision.  You'll benefit from the extra time and care you put into it.

Bob