Home INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Hey Everyone, from Sunny Southern CA

Hey everyone, how's it going? New to the forum, obviously. Been skimming some of the topics and responses You all seem very accommodating and supportive of everyone else, which is great!
Got the product because I have a pretty good voice, but don't really know how to use it to it's max or keep it from going hoarse. Have the desire to either do some solo acoustic work or do a rock/metal project with some friends.

Purchased Volume 1 some time ago, but just got so busy that I never had the chance to begin practicing religiously and make it a daily habit, until now. Started reading through the readme, and I saw a LOT of terminology that I'm simply not familiar with and it seemed very overwhelming, seems like a ton of things to remember and keep track of. So I started watching the videos and it's starting to make more sense. I guess I just have to ask: How do you remember to keep all those little constituents in check when you're practicing? How do you divide up your daily practice time? That is, what exercises do you focus on primarily when you're starting out? Were you kind of overwhelmed looking over this new material?

I only live about an hour away from Costa Mesa, so when I get the funds together, I DEFINITELY am going to schedule some in-person lessons with Ken himself, just so I can get meticulously critiqued. Look forward to speaking with everyone on the forum! 

Thanks so much!

Darryn

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354

Hey Darryn,

Good to make your acquaintance!  Thanks for saying hello!

Your reasons for going with KTVA match many of the rest of us here.   You will find that this is a great way, the ONLY REAL way to build your voice into everything that it can be.

I notice that you are listed as "member".  This may be preventing you from seeing the entirety of the forums.  You should send an email to ktvahelp@gmail.com and request that you be given "Volume One" forum status.  Copy and paste a copy of your KTVA emailed receipt along in your email in order to help speed things along.  If you later purchase volumes two and three, at least at the present, KTVA is making those students "PRO" status, which gets you even more information and downloads.  Give that consideration, it's a great value.

How to remember all those constituents?  Just keep going over them.  Write yourself notes on 3x5 cards.  Go over them in your mind.  You have to keep reminding yourself of them all the time.  Eventually they become second nature.  At first it's a little overwhelming.  Just keep after it. Watch the videos over and over and over.  You'll keep noticing little things you overlooked before.

Focus on what doesn't make clear sense to you, until you understand fully.  Practice the audio workouts relentlessly, but don't oversing or let yourself go hoarse.

Welcome to the Forums!

Bob

• KokonuhtKokonuht Member, Enrolled Posts: 658
    Welcome aboard Darryn!

We're all here for a similar reason ;)! Pretty sure KTVA will help you achieve your goals!

Don't hesitate to ask anything if you have any questions!

Rayhan