Home INTRODUCE YOURSELF
Options

Hi from Vancouver Canada and questions

i don't think I've posted a welcome :), well I'm 21 living in Vancouver I am not what most people would call a "gifted" singer but its what i love and i play guitar too, it still confuses me what actually makes a voice sound good, is it tone? everyone has a specific tone to their voice so will mine ever sound appealing to many? anyways i suck but i have to think there is hope for me to become great, i would love nothing more than to be gigging even if its coffee shops around town, just somehow be in the music industry and be able to one day make music that impacts people, anyways i don't have a vocal example up but i will do one on monday and record my progress every three months (too often?, not often enough?) how long did it take for you to see progress a day? a week? ive went to so many vocal teachers and either they did nothing for me or they actually encouraged pain while singing! it completly turned me off well this is going to be a long road but i feel like having this program on my lap for probably 5 or 6 months im ready to actually do it

Comments

• Options
    highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,358
    edited August 2013

Hey, phoenix,

Yes, TONE is HUGE.  If any program can build your tone, it's KTVA!  If you can turn your desire to be able to sing into energy to forge ahead and do the work, then you will see results!

Yes, it will be a long haul, but it will be worth it. 

You're just a few hundred miles to the North of me.  We're practically neighbors!

Settle in and do your part to stay motivated and working on your lessons as Ken instructs.  You will see amazing progress if you follow Kens methods exactly and stay faithful to your workouts.

Demos about every three months is probably a good plan.  Record yourself often and listen with a critical, but forgiving ear.  You will learn much about your singing from listening to yourself often.

Good Singing to YOU!

Bob

• Options
    pheonixpheonix Pro Posts: 13
    i was thinking about taking a maybe half hour video lesson because thats all i will be able to afford at the time about a month in is this a good idea to track where i am at, and how much notice do i need to set up a lesson?
  • Options
    highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,358

Allow about three weeks lead time for scheduling.  Sometimes slots may be available sooner, but don't count on it. 

Ken can tell you more about your voice in a half-hour than you can imagine.  It's extremely helpful and will keep you on a good track.

Bob