Hey Dudes and Divas!

Enrolled KTVA vocalists have access to the full singer forum, self-registered members have access to limited areas of the KTVA forum - the rest of the forum is hidden from view.

To enroll in Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Singing Lessons click here.

Is there female students demonstration of scale exercises I can watch or listen?

nananana Posts: 3Pro
edited January 2014 in DIVAS
Hello!  I would like to know if there is any female students demonstration of scale exercises I can watch or listen.

Thank you! 

Best Answer

Answers

• Thank you very much Bob. 
    I hope to see the Divas workout exercises(especially "its the law" scales) performed by Divas with Ken Coaching. 
    nana

• highmtnhighmtn Posts: 9,704Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro
    edited August 2013 Vote Up0Vote Down

Currently the DIVAS version of the workouts would be the only Divas daily workouts available. 

HOWEVER, you CAN watch the Webcam Video Lessons that are included in your Pro Package that are Ken teaching Sonika from Grenada, Sara Loera from Los Angeles,  and Gabriella from Czechoslovakia and more...

Look in PRO PACK 3, Student Webcam Lessons

Also, look at this post in the PRO section of the forums: DIVAS and DUDES: Ken Tamplin Webcam Demo Recordings - for more Divas Webcams.

Also, here you will find more webcams with Divas: http://kentamplinvocalacademy.com/forum/#/discussion/1735/divas-dudes-check-out-these-ken-tamplin-webcam-videos

Stay Tuned: Ken is working on developing New Workouts for different Vocal Fachs. 

There will be Divas workout exercises performed by Divas with Ken Coaching, and more... 

Bob

• Thank you very much for your message Sonika. Sorry for my late response. Yes these videos are always helpful. 

god bless

Nana
  • OK, then what would my fach be? Since one of my paras at school who went to school for music says that I'm likely Alto #1 w/Soprano capabilities.
    edited February 2015 Vote Up0Vote Down

@LGsing,

The new workouts for Dudes and Divas are now posted in the PRO VIDEOS section of the forums.  You may find that your voice has grown in range since you were told you were alto with soprano capabilities.  These labels don't exactly work so well in modern music.  They are intended to classify you for certain roles in opera.

You have a pretty broad range, as I recall.  If you've been working your program, I would expect that you have expanded your range by now.

Bob 

• I'll go ahead and put it this way. Yes I have been working on it when possible. And I'm working on it now as I type. My mom complains that my higher registers (whistles included) sound like screams, contrived, stressed, strained despite the fact that I don't feel any pain, strain, or anything. She also worries about my vocal cords.

Whistle register, and high pitches in general can have a tendency to be unappreciated by some listeners, because they are very close in sound to squeaks and sounds we make when we are shocked or surprised.

Our challenge is to make those sounds in a musical context that is more pleasing to the listener.  If the listener thinks it sometimes sounds contrived, then maybe it can be worked-in more subtly and in a more musically pleasing way.

I just listened to your older demos, and you don' sound strained to me.  Whistle voice can be very annoying to those that don't appreciate it.  Notice that even Mariah Carey never overused it, and usually saved it for the end of a chorus or the ending of a song.  Many of her critics just hate on her for using whistle. 

You can't please everyone, so you have to please yourself (quote Rick Nelson, "Garden Party")

The fact that you say you are feeling no strain or pain indicates that you are probably doing no harm to your voice.  Some of our critics may never like the sound of our voice, because those individuals may simply be a little overcritical of us.  On the other hand, they may be trying to nicely suggest we improve our singing, for good reasons.

Perhaps more importantly, what do You think of the sound of your voice, and what do you think needs work?

We would be happy to hear a sample of you doing some KTVA scales, and if you like, add part of a song, as well. 

All the Best!

Bob

• I'd love to show you some samples sometime. Once I iron it out.