Singing Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy
Hey Dudes and Divas!

Welcome to Singer Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy. Enrolled KTVA vocalists have access to the full singer forums, self-registered members have access to limited areas of the KTVA singing forum. Register to learn more.

To enroll in Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Singing Lessons click here.

Hello from Seattle, Washington, USA

I think I'm over my head here... I used to sing in church when I was a kid and with the stereo in college. Now I'm 63 years old and haven't sung in years and have ZERO range without flipping into falsetto (guess I should have gone with that other program, eh? <grin>). I tried doing the first scale after watching the videos and thought I was doing fine going up the scale until I was coming back down and my voice cracked TWO notes from the BOTTOM of the scale on TRACK 1! I guess you could call that an impressive display of delaying switching from head to chest voice or you could call it a complete basket case. I now know from watching the promotional material that my fun falsetto voice that I've used over the years has put me behind the 8-ball here. When I registered, Ken asked what inspires me to sing. I guess because I'm competitive and I want to learn how to sing better than anybody. Beyond that, it's a great release from the work-a-day world.

Steve

Comments