Home GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum

Singing stamina (ability to sing long)

So I have 2 questions

1) Im doing Volume 2 workouts now in full chest (I go to head only in long scales that goes up to like E5 - F#5). After workout voice is totally tired - I almost cant sing in full chest after it in my belting area (like from A4 to C#5). I need to rest for like an hour to be able to sing in that area in full chest. Is that Ok? Will stamina come with time so i can sing longer in my call register without tendency to switch into head or squeeze poor chords to get that notes? 

2) In chest singing there is muscle (dont remember exactly how its named - Ken mentioned em) that we kinda train while singning in chest good bright voice. But if we use bad sqeezed sound - does it affect training of that good muscle or we just kinda make squeezing muscles work and grow but the right one will get less or mb even no train at all - so if we sing with squeezed bad sound we actually dont train our voice at all. 

Argh sorry for english =(

Comments

• TrineTrine Enrolled Posts: 269
    Hi!
    1) Stamina will come, unless you do something wrong. Is it possible for you to post an example of you doing the exercises? It is difficult to comment based only on what you describe here.

2) I'm not sure what muscle you refer to, but I would just say: focus only on doing things the way Ken teaches. Again, if we could hear you sing, we could give you the proper advice. Perhaps you train your voice to some extent, even when you sing squeezed, I don' know, but you should definitely not try. You will damage your voice over time, and not get the potental out of it that you want.

Follow Ken and you'll know what is the right way! Good luck.
  • sspatricksspatrick Enrolled Posts: 1,278
    My guess is that you are over singing pushing your voice to hard. Blasting more volume rather than finessing up to a higher note can take its toll. When we are working the voice you may notice slight fatigue but not to a point where you are losing range and need an hour to get your voice back. To me that is not a good sign. Send a sample do we can help
  • bochkarevart91bochkarevart91 Pro Posts: 34
    edited January 2014
    Ah thank guys - I dont lose any range after workout. Just voice starting to sound a little bit different. Plus I start to feel some muscles right at the base of the neck starting to kinda work more. Mb I finding glottal compression. I will try to do a demo with and without what i think is glottal comression. And I mean if its glottal compression, to sing without it after workout - that's where i need to rest. Ah - it's so hard to explain XD I will just try to post a demo some day in vocal demonstration section again))