Singing Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy
Hey Dudes and Divas!

Welcome to Singer Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy. Enrolled KTVA vocalists have access to the full singer forums, self-registered members have access to limited areas of the KTVA singing forum. Register to learn more.

To enroll in Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Singing Lessons click here.

LOW/DEEP RANGE FOR DIVAS, how to improve ?

JoyceJoyce Posts: 128Pro
edited March 2014 in DIVAS
Hello dear vocalists from all over the world,
I am currently training on Volume one, exercises for DIVAS.
My friends tell me that I have the power and support to hit high notes (not the money notes though, not yet) but when I sing in my middle/low range, they say they can barely hear me.
How can I improve this? I need to strenghten my deep/low range.
Do I need to practice with the Dudes exercises?
Many thanks for your help.
Cheers..
Diva Joyce

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Posts: 11,525Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro

@ Joyce,

We will have to hear a soundcloud file of you that demonstrates the issue you are describing.  We will offer feedback on what we hear.

Bob

• JoyceJoyce Posts: 128Pro
    Ok, thanks.
    I will have to figure out how to use soundcloud.

It's that I like to sing jazz too and some jazz songs go up and down all the time.
    It's when I go down that my voice lacks timbre and it's like whispering.
    I am quite annoyed by that and I was wondering, if you can strenghten your mid voice and high voice (which I am learning now), can you also strenghten your deep/low register.
    Cheers

@Joyce,

Using the bright, pinging tone of "It's the Lah!!! AHH!!! AHHH!!" you will be able to do a bright, low, projecting tone.

For Soundcloud, you will have to open a free account with them.  Then, on your computer, you record a sample and make an mp3 file of it.  Upload that file to soundcloud.  Copy the url and past the url here as a link to your file.  We will listen and help you get moving on your vocal journey.

Bob

Here is my demo, difficult song (for me) ups and downs, the scats need to be improved !!

edited February 2014

here is the link

@Joyce,

It looks like your audio file still hasn't been uploaded.  The link takes us to your area, but there are no sound files there.

You may need to try again to upload your sound file to soundcloud.

Bob

Hope it works now

@Joyce,

Your voice sounds good.  I'm not having any trouble hearing your mid or lower range.

Building your support will help you throughout your range.  Regular practice on the KTVA audio exercises will strengthen your voice throughout your range, as well.

IF you are wanting to build your lower range more, then you might want to do the Dudes exercises. 

Nice demo, good recording, nice voice!

Bob

Thanks Bob, for your advice.