Home Favorite Music, Vocal Movies, and Videos

Please someone help me to understand if this is possible ! (BETH HART)

The singer in question is the amazing Beth Hart! 
She's my only inspiration but I gotta understand what kind of technique does she use to produce
that kind of distorsion!! I've bought the complete KTVA course, in which video Ken explains it?
I don't like screaming but I adore this "soft" distorsion/compression!
She has a super fast vibrato...is there also a technique for that?
THANK YOU SO MUCH GUYS FOR THE HELP THAT YOU GIVE ME EVERYDAY!
Bye!!!

Comments

• ragnarragnar Pro Posts: 410
    This is some pretty advanced stuff you are asking about. Unless you are already a very accomplished singer with a powerful connected range throughout, then as much as I love Beth Hart myself, it's not really the time to worry about it yet.
  • GennaroRendeGennaroRende Pro Posts: 7
    @ragnar‌ @cgreen‌ thank you so much for the answers! Yeah I think I gotta wait a little more hahaha :) I just wanted to know if Ken treats this technique in his course.
    Thanks guys for the help :)
  • ragnarragnar Pro Posts: 410
    edited March 2014
    Ken teaches both distortion and vibrato yes. They are probably both in volume 3, distortion definitely is :) Also check out the webinars for this stuff. You should have access to all of Ken's material since your forum status is listed as pro.
    But just don't rush it. Vibrato is going to be impossible if you're not in complete control of the note and distortion is downright dangerous down the road, if done without a great clean voice underneath and/or technically incorrect.

Happy singing to you :)