Singing Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy
Hey Dudes and Divas!

Welcome to Singer Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy. Enrolled KTVA vocalists have access to the full singer forums, self-registered members have access to limited areas of the KTVA singing forum. Register to learn more.

To enroll in Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Singing Lessons click here.

Contact Ulcers

AltariqAltariq Posts: 42Pro, 2.0 PRO
Hi everyone I fear I have developed a very mild case of contact ulcers before I joined the ktva program. I've been experiencing sharp throat pain when doing warm ups and I looked up vocal problems and contact ulcers symptoms fit perfectly. Is there a way to treat this?

Comments

• Ken TamplinKen Tamplin Posts: 432Administrator, Moderator
    Have you checked to see if you have acid reflux?
  • AltariqAltariq Posts: 42Pro, 2.0 PRO
    I'm pretty sure I don't. I have no symptoms of it no hoarseness no acidic feeling no heartburn. But my voice is really hard to work with. If I even step a little out of line ouch! Maybe I strained a muscle. When I go to the open throat position it can sometimes be painful without making a sound. When I drink soda it burns like an open wound. I don't think its a polyp or node those symptoms don't really fit and I can still sing but painfully so I'm giving it a rest for now. It feels kinda strained, this all started today as I was foolishly singing without warming up. I've had problems like a month ago before I bought the program with a similar sore throat sensation.