Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!

Before ktva sample

This is before I start ktva please evaluate I'm i good or bad?can I be great? https://soundcloud.com/user100016336

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354

You have potential.  It's hard to hear much in this recording.

KTVA will definitely bring changes to your vocal capabilities.  If you are willing to follow Ken's instructions, your voice will grow and improve.

Bob

• zani_jayzani_jay Pro Posts: 34
    What do I need to work on? What are my weaknesses? What are my strengths ?
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354

You have an upper midrange capability which is a good strength.

Your pitch wanders a bit, and that is a weakness that needs improvement. Also you need to build support.

These are very short demos and not that well-recorded, so it's hard to extract much detail.  You need to get closer to the mic when you record so it won't sound so tinny.

Bob

What about my tone?

Again, that's a little hard to judge your tone from a tinny recording.

You'll do well with "little boy voice". 

I really need to hear a better recording of your voice to give you much feedback on your tone.  The tone on this recording (including the music, not just your voice) isn't much better than an old-time telephone sound.  You could sound like a million bucks for real and this recording still makes you sound like a tin can on a string.

I see why you've been asking why you don't like the sound of your voice on recordings. 

It's very common for anybody to dislike the sound of their own voice on a recording just because they aren't used to hearing themselves played back.  On the other hand, if the recording itself is unpleasant-sounding, you will have a hard time liking what you hear.

You have to get both right: The actual sound of your voice, AND the sound of the recording itself should be pleasing to the ear.  Otherwise, why would anybody want to listen to it?

So you need to build your vocal skills AND build your basic recording skills.  You may need to purchase a better mic or get a better cell phone or something to put you in the ball park where you start to like what you are hearing.  Right now the tone is tinny on the recording.  More often than not, we ask singers to really brighten the tone, because they are not using enough brilliance in their tone.

You may end up sounding much better if we can just hear your voice in a better recording.  Then again, we may have some corrections that will be revealed by the clearer sound, and if that's the case, that will be good, because we will be helping you to work through that.

Yes, you CAN be a Great singer, if you're willing to do what it takes to make your voice grow to what it has the potential to become.

Bob

Okay I have two more before ktva samples I hope it's clearer please evaluate
    edited June 2014

First of all, Thanks for making better recordings.  I know you're just learning, but these are both much better recordings, so see there, you're already on your way to getting better!

In the second recording, I suspect you may have been holding the phone in your hand, because there is some noise that sounds like "handling the microphone" that is a little distracting throughout the sample.  Next time try putting the mic on a table or shelf where you can get close with your voice and the music playback, but that way you won't need to hold the mic and rattle it around.  Maybe put it on a cloth or something to keep it from vibrating.

That said, the recording itself is worlds better than what you first were submitting, so again, thank you.

Your pitch is good.  You had a little owie on the "whoah-whoah" at 0:33 on the second recording.  Otherwise, your pitch is not a problem. 

You have a nice midrange sound that will grow if you start working out to Ken's exercises.  I don't think high notes will be much of a problem for you. 

I think when we hear some "After KTVA" recordings after you've been through the volumes and listened to feedback and made a few adjustments, we will be hearing a New You.  A Better You.

I think you're going to like what is about to happen to your voice.

Bob

Thank you for your evaluation.should I believe people who say I sound good?
    edited June 2014
    Okay I just found a better quality of my soundcloud recording please check it out http://m.youtube.com/watch?list=PL9dQ0bquy7pcbnapbHz8EGcg0oNqmUHU7&v=wr4swdkaIrc

OK.  Your voice sounds pretty good in this one.

You still have WAY too much noise going on in the background.  Somebody is moving the camera for special effects throughout the video, and the noise sounds like too much handling of the mic, which is located in the camera/cell phone. 

Please just put the phone down and get up close and sing into it without all of the handling noise.

You sound good.  You look relaxed and like you really enjoy singing.  Let us hear you without all of the distracting noises in your demos.  You can do this.  Make your demos sound more professional.

Don't let someone handle the mic while you're recording.

Bob