Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!
Options

Waiting for a Girl Like You - Cover

Hi guys! Round 2!
Heres my cover of Waiting for a Girl Like You by Foreigner! 
Let me know what you think!

Comments

• Options
    highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,358
    edited June 2014

Flawless Victory!!!

Nice job.  This is a very difficult song to pull off.  You make it look easy.

Nice guitar solo, too.

: ^ )

Bob

• Options
    Ken TamplinKen Tamplin Administrator, Moderator Posts: 446
    Excellent job Phil!!! I'll post this on the KTVA FB fan page and my personal page as well :-)  Keep up the great singing.
  • Options
    philmaherphilmaher Pro Posts: 48
    @highmtn Thanks Bob! I got a lot of feedback from my solo in my Have a Nice Day cover, more so than my singing haha, so thought it'd be rude for me not to sneak one in! 

@KenTamplin Crazy! Thankyou, that would be great! I would never have been able to sing this before starting the program so really thank you! Just about to move onto Vol 2 so looking forward to widening my range and playing with some dirtier tones.

@johnjohn I love Wingers stuff, Saw them last night in London and Kip slayed it, all whilst chewing on gum as he does! Hit all the notes, although I think most of if is a tone down now. Respect to Reb Beach though and all guitar players who sing harmony, having to hit 3rds above the main line we are struggling to reach haha! Really strong bv's from him and John Roth. I will have to do a Winger cover at some point! 
  • Options
    highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,358
    edited June 2014

As much as I like to chew gum while playing drums and singing, it does not "produce" saliva.  It does make YOU produce saliva, and it's either sugar-coated, or artificial-sweetener-coated, which means your vocal cords are coated with whichever that is.

It feels soothing, until you start clearing your throat to get it off your cords.

The mouth-watering sugar-coat actually dehydrates your body a bit, since it's not making a pure hydration for your body as you salivate.

I find that I have fewer vocal complications when I Just Say NO to chewing gum! 

I drink like a racehorse between songs... 

; ^ )

Bob

• Options
    philmaherphilmaher Pro Posts: 48
    @johnjohn Think it was a combo of them just missing the boat, bit too late and Beavis and Butthead of course! Shame, but hey, they're still going strong today which is pretty impressive! 

@cinema Chewing gum wise Kip's just all kinds of rebel! I hear he likes to drink ice water too..! I think obviously there are some logic to some of the things you should/shouldnt eat/drink but for me i believe it's just how much you let it affect you mentally. I know guys who can sing just fine after eating a pizza/chocolate before a show, and guys who won't touch it through fear of it affecting anything. All down to the individual I guess so I try not to bog myself down with oh will this affect me (but i'd still not eat anything too adventurous before I have to sing)

@highmtn Makes sense! I don't think id want to try singing with gum, surely by law of averages you will choke on it at some point..!