Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!

Drill work for review (Criticism welcomed!!)

Michaelkeeh11Michaelkeeh11 Enrolled Posts: 25
I definitely need some help here on the Lah scale as I often get things a bit mixed up but yeah im only 3 weeks in so I would assume its only natural to have problems. 

Comments

• Michaelkeeh11Michaelkeeh11 Enrolled Posts: 25
    edited November 2014
    Heres the working link

• rcrosierrcrosier Pro Posts: 275
    Link doesn't work.  Maybe you have it set to private?
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354

@Michaelkeeh11,

You need to work on some things: Consistency, Support, Bridging, Cord Closure, Tone.

You need to brighten up the tone.  Make it ping.  Listen again to how Ken Demonstrates "It's the Lah, AH!!!

Consistency: On a LAH scale, make sure that you sing a true AH vowel.  Part of the time you sing LAH, then LO, then LAA.  Keep a LAH scale LAH.

Support: Your support is not sufficient, and that is leading to other inconsistencies in your voice.

Bridging. You are having a lot of trouble with your passagio.  You need to spend some quality time getting to know how to properly bridge without the speed bump.  You may need to do a lot of burbles to help you get the feel of bridging smoothly.  Bring the way down, bring the air pressure way down. 

Once you're in head voice, it's too airy.  Try to use more cord closure, less air.

It sounds like a lot, but it will do a lot of good to get each of these areas dialed-in.  Getting the speed bump smoothed out is an important one to tackle first.  Take a little bit of time, and knock these obstacles out, one-by-one.  You will do fine.

All the best.

Bob