Home Vocal Health and Wellness

Training and breaks

Hi guys!

I got a little problem in my head I guess...
Since thursday the 8th I try to train as much as I can, my voice allready improved in exercises from a squeezed g4 to a good B4, even c5^^
And everythings fine on it's way...
I had some downs while training, because I was really good the day before and I felt frustrated, because my voice got some bad habits back over night, but I didnt give up..
So I got around 9 training days since the 8th of january, 2 of them were a bit light training, because I got frustrated there^^ and 2 days fully off....
Today I wanted to sing as nearly everyday, but i got too much mucous in my throat... And I couldnt get it out... So no singing today and this means like everyday off, i feel bad for not singing...

Maybe I push myself too hard, I'm scared of losing it all if I take 1-2 Days off of singing, I want to do it professionally...
Do free days of singing hurt my training process or can i sleep well tonight? Without having a bad feeling?

This really bothers me... I want to get the most out of this course and my voice!

Dariolicious

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354

You should take a day off from singing about once a week.  Then get back at it.

Mucous will come, and that's a part of life.  There are threads and videos about reducing it, but sometimes you will have to deal with it.

You should lightly sing even when you have mucous.  Try to lightly sing it off.  Sometimes by the time you have warmed-up, your cords will clear.  If not, then it's best to sing lightly and easily anyway, and not just stop because of mucous.  You could have the mucous for weeks, depending on the cause.  Your voice will bounce back better if you just keep lightly singing through the time that you have mucous.  Look up the threads in this part of the forums and watch Ken's video on the subject.   Keep singing unless you are hoarse or have a respiratory infection. 

Hope you feel better soon.

Bob

• rcrosierrcrosier Pro Posts: 275
    I experienced this two days ago... my wife and I both were commenting on how "scratchy" and "gunky" my voice was... I went out and did a "medium" workout/warmup, and a few easy songs, and by the time I was done, my voice was practically clear!!  Better yet, it's been fine since then, too!