Singing Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy
Hey Dudes and Divas!

Welcome to Singer Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy. Enrolled KTVA vocalists have access to the full singer forums, self-registered members have access to limited areas of the KTVA singing forum. Register to learn more.

To enroll in Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Singing Lessons click here.

Time to get working

Hi,

I am a producer from Sweden that just jumped aboard this ship. I was writing a couple of tracks a while back and realised that I really wanted to record them myself. Currently my voice is not up to par so I am looking for avenues to improve. At a bare minimum I would like to somewhat easily lay down demo vocals that does not sound horrible, and ones I do not have to tweak in the mixing process for them to sound OK.

I have no real experience with singing "properly", I have just done it anyway as I've been playing but I think that I have reached the point where I really need to know some basics and learn a good foundation because my voice is all over the place. 

Looking forward to go through the material and to, hopefully, improve over the coming months.

Comments

• 2 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I will try to record something tomorrow and put here in this thread so you can hear what I will be starting from. It will not be pretty... just a heads up :).
  • highmtnhighmtn Posts: 10,887Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro
    edited February 2015 Vote Up0Vote Down

Hello, @danielwres.

Welcome to the forums!

Looking forward to your progress.

Bob

• Thank you!

I have started out watching the first episodes of the "main" level 1 content, and also started with the first pieces of audio excercises, lip roll and the tongue scale things.

I am surprised that it is so hard to do the breathing properly, I guess since I have been breathing "the other way around" for my whole life I might need a bit longer to make this "automatic".

When I sing for fun, i.e. out of the course and not doing these exercises, I notice that my main problem is that I miss some notes (doh, of course) but I also tend to slide into the notes, like aaaaAAAAA for an A, if you catch my drift. I think that annoys me the most.

I also have a pretty boomy and loud voice while talking, but when I sing it tends to become very thin sounding, like it is stuck in my upper chest/throat or something. Super stoked about getting started with the excercises and learning from the material though... 3 days in now :)