Home Favorite Music, Vocal Movies, and Videos

What kind of range does her vocals have?

jinnyjinny Member Posts: 20
For some reason, i don't see the typical high notes like most singers, but there is something unique about her vocals...so what kind of range are we talking about...it gets very interesting near the end of the song...love it...she is Song Sohee

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    Do you have a link to the title?  They won't let us get through by clicking your video.  I can't read the title or artist.
  • jinnyjinny Member Posts: 20
    edited March 2015
    When you click on the video, it says to watch on youtube...just click that "watch on youtube" link underlined already
    The song is "I can't live without love" by Song Soo Hee
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354

She is an alto.  Her high note is Eb5 in this song, I believe.  She sings with great support, and wonderful cord closure.  She is singing in a chesty mix, in my opinion.  It sounds very good, and seems effortless the way she sings and sustains her notes.

Bob

• jinnyjinny Member Posts: 20
    highmtn said:

She is an alto.  Her high note is Eb5 in this song, I believe.  She sings with great support, and wonderful cord closure.  She is singing in a chesty mix, in my opinion.  It sounds very good, and seems effortless the way she sings and sustains her notes.

Bob

She is 18yrs old. Do you think her vocals can go higher as she gets older? Or is that about it as far as her vocals.

I don't know how intensively she has been studying or for how long.  Just about anyone can extend their range through proper exercises and workouts, and singing with proper methods.  I don't hear anything that makes me think she's hit a brick wall limitation yet.

She sounds impressive, but that doesn't mean she can't sound even more impressive.

Bob