Singing Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy
Hey Dudes and Divas!

Welcome to Singer Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy. Enrolled KTVA vocalists have access to the full singer forums, self-registered members have access to limited areas of the KTVA singing forum. Register to learn more.

To enroll in Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Singing Lessons click here.

How KTVA changed my singing style

I am a drummer/lead vocalist for a Christian/thrash/progressive metal band called "The Unknown." The only reason why I sang was that i sang tenor in choir awhile back. I was a good singer but KTVA is currently helping me be comfortable with my singing and i love some of the excercises he does. My highest note that i could sing was an A4 before i knew Ken. Now i can occasionally hit an A5 if I have access to head voice. This How to sing better course is giving me opportunities to take on very complex tunes. I am currently working on "Pull Me Under" by Dream Theater, "Great Gig in the Sky" by Pink Floyd, and a few Rush tunes. Also, I couldn't have learned how to sing "Faithfully" by Journey if it wasn't for Ken Tamplin. Although i am not channeling him, i have sounded pretty good singing that tune in my own style and have gotten a lot of positive feedback from my audience during a karaoke night.

From- Alex Deitemeyer (Drummer/Lead Vocalist for "The Unknown")
Lexington, KY