Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!
Options

The brightness is really working

Just recorded a rough start on a song.

That bright pingy sound works very well in getting the sound to be more full.

Thanks Ken!

Comments

• Options
    highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,357

This is your best work so far, @JonasFinnLarson.

The bright ping helps you to better discern subtle differences in pitch.  Your pitch is a lot more accurate in this demo.

There is a little bit of wobble here and there from needing more support.  That will come in time if you keep working on it.

Ken tells us often that the Bright Ping is the ONLY sound that will really grow the voice.  The reason for this is that the very bright sound creates to most resonance.  In other words, when you use that sound, you can get your voice to resonate more than with other sounds.  It is more acoustically efficient, as a matter of physics.  When you (and your listeners) can hear your voice hitting pockets of resonance, that ringing sound reinforces the sound of your voice, and takes no more effort.  You can always dull down the sound of your voice from there if you should want to, but you are better off taking advantage of the free volume boost that comes with vocal resonance.  Resonance doesn't work very well at all with a dull tone.

The bright sound is not what most singers are looking for when they try to make their voices sound better.  They just know that they don't like the sound of their own voice.  At first, the bright sound seems too bright, and we are shy to use it.  That's just because we are not accustomed to hearing ourselves sound like that.

That's why I often phrase it, "If it sounds too bright, it's just about right."

Your voice is ringing nicely in this demo.

Good Job.

Bob

• Options
    JonasFinnLarssonJonasFinnLarsson Pro Posts: 200
    Thanks bob!  i will work on more support, going to take up the Ha Ha Ha excerice.

I've recently come back from a music school in my country Sweden. It felt like everybody is covering up their voices when they sang. It was fun to explore how the singing world works outside of the ken tamplin course. I suppose it is preference on how you use your voice.

For me i love the ken tamplin vocal acadamy method of the voice, It really rings like you said. It is so fun to be a apart of this course!

Thanks bob!