Home INTRODUCE YOURSELF

New member - HELLO !

jayjay Enrolled Posts: 32
edited April 2012 in INTRODUCE YOURSELF
Hi everyone

Just wanted to jump on board here and say a big hello to you all.

I'm in Ireland so time difference in communication might be a little "Top to toe"

I'm 31 - have been singing and performing with bands since I was 15 and have developed bad habbits
I usually gig on average of 3 consecutive 3hr gigs a week (fri,sat,sun) 

Most nights after this i would have vocal strain, I figured its about time I developed good technique

My goal is to be able to sing Journey's "Don't Stop Believing" in the original key (E) and for it to be almost effortless to perform it 
at the minute I perform it in C :-(

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    edited April 2012

Welcome, Jay!

You've come to the right place.  Your goals will be realized using the KTVA methods, if you are willing to put in the time, effort, and focus that will be required to get you from where you are now to where you want to be.

The tools are in your hands now.  I'm twice your age and gig two or three nights every week.  Following the KTVA regimen, my voice has grown, as has my stamina.  This is like signing on to a body-building course.  If you do the workouts as required, and take care of your voice as instructed, your tone, range, and resiliency will improve like crazy.  The real "secret" to singing is that it takes time, effort, and application.  KTVA is the way to get there.

Start your workouts and give us a shout if you get stuck. Lots of good folks here on the same journey you're on.  And after you've done your part of the work, you'll be in a postition to start developing your Journey chops!

(One of my practice songs is "Open Arms")

We look forward to hearing more from you!

Bob

• KokonuhtKokonuht Member, Enrolled Posts: 658
    edited April 2012
    Welcome aboard Jay!! Pretty sure you're gonna enjoy KTVA and you're gonna need to find a new goal maybe in the next few months ;) . This ain't no "I'll make you sing like a star in one week" crap, it's the real deal! Glad you made a wise choice haha!

If you do have any questions, DO post! We're bound to help you out. Heck even Ken replies sometimes ;)

Also,check this out since youre just starting out!
    http://kentamplinvocalacademy.vanillaforums.com/discussion/19/read-this-if-you-are-on-volume-one-just-starting-out#Item_30

I love Don't Stop Believing by Journey xD ever since I heard it on Glee. Faithfully too!

Cheers,
    Rayhan
  • mivisonmivison Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 191
    howdy jay!
    you will not be disappointed.
  • jayjay Enrolled Posts: 32
    Thanks guys - i'm only a few days in and have corrected some bad habbits like breathing already - it feels immediately better !
  • KokonuhtKokonuht Member, Enrolled Posts: 658
    There's still a long way to go! Don't forget to check out that long post ! It really helps :P
  • jayjay Enrolled Posts: 32
    Thanks kokonuhtz - i've just read over it for the 2nd time and reading it makes sense .....
    I guess its putting it all into practice now that will start the progress