Home Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy REVIEWS

One week in, feeling confident

Just started on volume one on about June 16th (today being the 24th).  It definitely seems like a lot of information at first, but that's where patience comes in.  I watched through the Volume 1 Dvd a couple times, and have just been going through the volume 1 cd practice for the last week.  The tongue thing seemed hard at first, but highmtn (the moderator) explained it in more depth somewhere here in the forum.  Now it's no problem.  

I kinda got excited tonight though, because I had some music playing, and Steve Winwood's "Valerie" came on.  I can remember struggling with that song & in particular, with the chorus.  I could hit the note somewhat before, but if I were to sing through the song, it would A. - sound off, and B. - my voice would be about shot afterward.  When I kinda just sang through it without a problem tonight, that's when I realized that what I'm learning has to be working.  So I just wanted to give you guys the vote of confidence about the course.  I'll post more later when I get out of Volume one and learn some new stuff.  Cheers

Sean

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    Great report, @seaneis.

The AHA moments will come.  The plateaus come, too, but then you get another breakthrough after working at it for long enough. 

The longer you work Ken's program the more breakthroughs just keep on happening. 

Keep watching that video periodically.  Your mind gets going on the things that Ken is talking about. You will find that each time you watch it, you will see or hear something that you missed before, no matter how many times you watch and listen.  The more attention you pay, the more information you get.

Practice diligently, and the changes will come, one-by-one.  

Congratulations on your progress.

Bob