Home Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy REVIEWS

Week and a half completed

Alright.  I've completed a week and a half and wanted to give a report.  After day 1, I felt like I had been punched in the stomach!  Clearly I was out of shape vocally.  It has gotten considerably easier, although I keep having to remind myself to take in enough air.  Old habits take some time to break. 

I would consider myself somewhere between baritone and tenor, with the highest note I would feel comfortable singing live being A4 (5th fret of high E guitar string).  One thing I have noticed is that the notes from E to A have gotten a lot easier to sing more lightly, while feeling more relaxed than before.  My overall vocal stamina has also improved as certain songs that used to wear me out don't bother me anymore.  Also, I've been very aware of periodic tightness (neck especially) and have been able to "reset" or start over without tension. 

Not completely there yet, but making good progress.  Great program!  I'm looking forward to seeing continual progress.

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354

Great Report, @alancr!

Be sure to do all that you can to learn what Ken has to say about Support, and some of the more detailed explanations here on the forums.  That will help you to relax your throat even more, but applying light tension to other areas that help to take the load off of your throat and move that load to other stronger parts of your body.

Remember that there will be hills, valleys, plateaus, and mountains along the way in your vocal journey.  Over time, you will learn many things and train your voice to go to places you've never taken it before.

You will be amazed when you look back to see how far you have come as time goes on in your vocal progress.

Great to hear from you!

Bob