Hey Dudes and Divas!

Enrolled KTVA vocalists have access to the full singer forum, self-registered members have access to limited areas of the KTVA forum - the rest of the forum is hidden from view.

To enroll in Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Singing Lessons click here.

Any chance of the Richie Kotzen tutorial going back up?

streeterstreeter Posts: 618Moderator, Pro
Hi Ken!

Any chance??

Comments

• 2 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • sspatricksspatrick Posts: 1,278Moderator, Enrolled
    @streeter. I know Ken has wanted to edit that video. I've also requested that I do another lesson to have another crack at it:). Hopefully I've improved
  • streeterstreeter Posts: 618Moderator, Pro
    @sspatrick, I've always loved Richie ever since I heard him on Mike Varney's label and subsequent instructional vid as an up and coming super shredder along with Jason Becker and Greg Howe. First time I ever heard him sing was a Tune called 'Rust' unplugged on a Japenese morning show. One of the initial influences that made me really, really want to sing 7-8 years ago... Failing miserably. Now here we are again and I'm starting to develope the tools necessary for the tune. There's so many subtle licks and nuances that I never noticed before and a whole bunch of stuff that I really want to develope this year.. I think that's what separates the singers I really like to the ones I don't. That blues and soul influence... And it's apparent in all genres. From Tab Benoit to Whitesnake. Maybe that's why I never latched on to QueensRyche or Dream Theater because they are missing that real blues influence. Were you working on 'Angel' or 'Remember'?
  • sspatricksspatrick Posts: 1,278Moderator, Enrolled
    I was working in Angel. Had a tough time with the C#5:). Richie does use a lot of head voice or head mix up there. My advice would be to work your bridge lightly allowing yourself to release into head voice. E