Home Psychology of Singing

forgeting the scales (pitch jumps) after one day

hello guys! I have been exercising for 4 days in a row, and my problem is that after a sleep(the other day) I forget the jumps and my pitch is worse.
it takes me about 10 mins of exercise to feel comfortable hitting the notes, im doing the 123454321 exercise (starting with a GUH and holding the pitch for 1 second, and I can hear that buzzing when the 2 pitches match.
actually after 10mins (exercising on diff vowels for 2 hours) I feel so comfortable that I can do jumps without effort and when I try to sing something easy(when I know the notes I should be hitting) my cords just know where to go, its a weird feeling.
on the other day when I wake up I feel like ive lost that control, does anybody have any explanation to that? and will I ever buying that muscle memory so I can pick some random note and and perform a scale perfectly without practicing it first for 10 mins?
thanks!

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    edited August 2015
    You will always need to warm up your voice before beginning to expect it to work properly. Ten minutes isn't really very much and not enough for a proper warmup. You should warm up for at least 20 to 30 minutes before expecting your voice to be up-to-speed.

"Guh" really isn't that good of a "vowel" to practice on. Using hard consonants to get to a note isn't the best way to learn to sing. Singing sustained vowels, such as AH, initiated by a LAH and sustained on AH is a better approach.

Bob