Home INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Hej From Sweden!

Hi! Im 29 years old and have ben singing an playing guitar recreationally for the last 10 years or so. Ive never had singing training since now but i thought i had a pretty good voice untill i heard Ken :)

I found KTVA when i was listening to Nazarets version of love hurts. I can sing it one otave lower and i cant make anny distorsion at all without hurting my self so i googled "How to sing with distortion" so here i am! i recognize the tounge roll and scale exersices but im completly new to wowel modifications and going to headvoice without speed bump or noticing the break point.

I should also say i mainly sing sitting down because i mostly sing when i play guitar. But im gonna do what ken says and leave what i already "know" at the door and do this with a fresh mind!

I will try and record a verse or two from love hurts to show where im at. That will be my "before" video :smile:

However, even tho Ken doesnt recomend doing exercises while driving, i have a baby at home and i work in sales and spend like 1000 Km a week in the car so thats my best spot to exercise. I will do my best to be able to do it standing at home also ofc.

Im looking forward to this and i hope to be able to grow my voice to a high piched distorted rock voice;)

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    Welcome, @Alois!

It's nice to have you here in the forums! Give yourself plenty of time to get into the high-range singing and distortion. You will need to lay a solid foundation for your future voice by following Ken's instructions and getting the ground work done in Volumes One and Two.

Ken's methods really work, and will grow your voice.

Looking forward to hearing your "before" demo, and later on, your many "after" recordings. Fasten your seat belt. Your voice is about to Take Off!

: ^)

Bob
  • ForsblomForsblom Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 59
    Hej @Alois och välkommen! :)

I'm from Sweden as well, and can encourage you that you've found the right place!

The KTVA course has really helped me to increase my range. Once you get to volume 3, you will start to learn how to do distortion safely.

Just as Bob, i'm looking forward to listen to your stuff as well!

All the best!
    /Johan
  • AloisAlois Pro Posts: 50
    Awesome guys! im on day 7 now, time to take a day of? :)

I posted me doing some of the exercises here:

Does the wowel sounds sound correct on LAH and LAA,, Forsbom do you agree that the LAA wowel is pretty close to our letter Ä? Can i use the same sound as when i say "Är"?

Have you got anny demos online Forsblom?
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    Yes, @Alois, the vowel sounds good. Be sure to listen to what Ken has to say about support for your breath.

Bob
  • ForsblomForsblom Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 59
    @Alois, almost like our "Ä", but i would say more like a sound between A and Ä, leaning a bit closer to the Ä.

The only demo that's out with me is when i'm singing growl. I'm going through KTVA in order to become the singer I want to be, and for that I still need a lot more training :)

I'm on the chorus:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQVUoZvLokA

Oh, and atip: write the @ before my name when adressing me, then it will turn up as a notification for me so I can answer you. By chance I had this page up on my mobile phone, so I saw that you had asked me a question. Had it not been there, I woudn't have seen it.

So next time, use @forsblom to adress me, just like I did in the beginning of the message.

@Forsblom Got it ! Im focusing on the scales and support this week, i think im getting a hang of it. I feel less "flutey" now, ill have to record an check as soon as i get time for it.
    @highmtn and @Forsblom I think im starting to find my support better! Now i litteraly push down as if im trying to force a fart?

Here is a Lah scale recorded today. comparing to the last one i recorded i think this sounds less flutey and a little more controlled.

I don't know if I would put it exactly that way. This does sound like you are engaging more support.
    Hey! Just want to tell you that i am still alive and singing :) Just gock back to the workouts after about 6 months of absence but ive ben singin dailie and belive i have improved abit. at least my band thinks so :dizzy:
    Nice to hear from you again!