Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!

READY FOR LOVE BAD COMPANY

Hi Bob.....hope you are doing well. Ive posted a demo 'Ready For Love' Bad Company. Starting to get used to headphone recording now and handling it better...much better in fact. I have been working on all the dynamics of singing ie. Support (a lot) the 'Ahh' vowel especially..as well as just developing total vocal strength....I feel that this is quite good, but I just know I can perform this even better live....Also I just did the main part of this tune as you will hear. Hope you like this one....Sorry about the base in this....my mixing is still quite average...ha...Cheers mate.
Tom
http://yourlisten.com/sealrose/ready-for-love-1

Comments

• sealrosesealrose Enrolled Posts: 162
    Hi Bob.....I have remixed the above and edited the length and named it READY FOR LOVE 2.....listen to both by all means.
    Tom
    http://yourlisten.com/sealrose/ready-for-love-2
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    Hi, Tom. It's always nice to hear how you are progressing.

Again, I'm liking the sound of your voice. You are continuing to improve.

What I would suggest in this stage of your development is to de-emphasize your consonants and for the most part, sing (sustain notes) on vowels only.

An example of this would be on "my friend".

You kind of sing friend like "freinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd" so you are sustaining on the N consonant.

A better way to approach this would be:
    My Freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehnd, where you sustain on the "eh" and do a very short nd to close the sustained vowel.

Consonants should be what we initiate vowels and stop them on, but very seldom if ever sustain them on. Every time we hit a consonant, it tends to shut down our open throat. So we do our best to sustain vowels and minimize consonants.

On the chorus Ready for LOVE... You are bending the last part of LOVE downward, and that makes it sound like you are going a bit flat. Hang on to the note you start with, and nobody will think you are flat. If you bend it down, they will think it's because you can't hold the note. I know you can do it. It will take more support there to hold the note there, but you can do it.

I repeat, you continue to improve. Please pardon my pinpointing certain things that I think you should fix.

Al the Best!

Bob
  • sealrosesealrose Enrolled Posts: 162
    edited September 2015
    Cheers Bob. I did what you suggested with regards to sustaining the eh vowel as well as the bending in Love and also applying that when I tried it again....sounded MUCH better.....I have been keeping note of that in other tunes that I practiced today......thanks Bob....and by all means please keep pinpointing...I find this info invaluble....KTVA is a Proper singing course!!!!!
    Thanks mate and stay well.....will post more soon.
    Tom
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    Awesome, Tom.

Always good to hear from you.

Bob