Home GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum

Singing Myths you believed before you started KTVA?

My big one was 'Your range is your range.'

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    Singing Myth: Cheaper is better. These other singing methods say they teach the same thing, so why should I pay any more?
  • Mine was "You can never have great voice if you are stuck with a bad one"
  • seekerseeker Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 83
    "Singing comes with ease to the people I look up to"
    "I have a bad tone and that cannot be fixed"
    It's pretty much technical, you gotta know where to place the sound and mask it,etc, as for relaxation, it takes a lot of practice and proper breath.
    I'm no where good still, but I read and inquired a lot online, so gonna kick ass with KTVA!!!
  • JonasFinnLarssonJonasFinnLarsson Pro Posts: 200
    edited October 2015
    seeker said:

"Singing comes with ease to the people I look up to"
    "I have a bad tone and that cannot be fixed"
    It's pretty much technical, you gotta know where to place the sound and mask it,etc, as for relaxation, it takes a lot of practice and proper breath.
    I'm no where good still, but I read and inquired a lot online, so gonna kick ass with KTVA!!!

Ye that bad tone cannot be fixed got me down before. It was because i wasn't aware that you can as you said relax more and place the sound, breath etc.

It feels so wierd to see people do that so easily when it took me a long time to do it(i'm not great at it yet, but i am better then I was). It felt like if they can do it so easy I must be bad.

But you should never say that because you don't know how much other people worked on their voices.

KTVA is so great, this forum is great.
  • lyricsupstairslyricsupstairs 2.0 PRO Posts: 1
    I hope that these myths are true for me. I have horrible tone - sounds more like talking - but am working on it. On level one and hopeful.