Home INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Gday

G'day from Australia
I've been playing guitar in cover bands for the past 20 odd years and identify with Kens beginnings and motivation for singing.
I've tried another online course but Kens singing and enthusiasm won me. I have had a few ah ha moments already and had the feeling wow I've got it and sang along to a whole Beatles album only to find the next day it was gone. A little like the dreams you have of being able to fly and all of a sudden the ability can't be recalled lol . This showed me that I had warmed up and fallen into a groove similar to when I practiced guitar and could get there more consistently with the same approach . I'm looking forward to devouring the info on the course :)

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    Welcome, @gibo,

Yes, good description... Forgetting how to fly...

Part of the trick of singing is to learn the techniques and then to be able to recall them from muscle-memory. And that means lots of daily workouts, to build the right habits and train the right muscles.

Ken's lessons will come in really handy for your cover band work. You will find your bandmates slowly coming to the realization that something is happening with your voice... until one day they realize you passed them on the left when they were looking back on the right!

This is a very good course for learning to fly and remembering how to do it the next morning, vocally speaking. You DO have to take note of a lot of feelings and techniques so that you can remember to do them all when it's time to go onstage. After a while, all those things become second nature. It's the only way to fly!

Nice to meet you!

Bob
  • gibogibo Pro Posts: 18
    Hi Bob
    Yes muscle memory came to mind in my thoughts on this for sure. Nice to meet you too.

Mark