Home INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Pinoy from Dubai

I am 49 years of age and working here in Dubai as a Mechanical Engineer by profession. I was once dreamed of to be a professional singer but wasn't given the chance to developed my voice due to circumstances. At my age now, that dream is no longer there though the desire to sing beautifully never fades and I just want to sing to my wife and children and be an inspiration. Hopefully, time will come that my kids live that dream for me.

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    Hello, Pinoy!

Your dream could still come true for you in some form, if you know some musician friends close to your age, or that aren't prejudiced about age. I wanted to be a full time musician for my entire life, but my circumstances also caused me to have to work full time. Throughout my working life, I also played in bands that got paid to play. I still play in bands, and still get paid to play, and I'm older than you.

Your dream now may be to sing for your family only, or it may expand to sing and play with some musical friends. Music for enjoyment can take many forms, for free or for pay, and for work or for pure play. I am a drummer, and have always enjoyed playing drums, but I have to admit that learning to sing well later in life has caused me to really enjoy singing, and if I'm not singing when I play drums now, something big is missing.

I know many families that have musician or singer grandparents, parents, and kids. Their get-togethers are great times, and music can be a big part of what makes those gatherings special.

I didn't get serious about learning to sing well until I was a little older than you are now. I lost several years then, trying vocal programs that were of little or no value at all. After several years of trying several vocal programs with very little singing success (a little pun there), I discovered Ken's program and have been very happy getting better and better every year with KTVA.

Keep a dream in your heart for singing, and follow that dream to places that make your heart glad. It doesn't have to be a dream of stadiums full of cheering fans. It can be your family or friends or the local karaoke open mic. Singing is great for the soul. It can make you feel good in ways that nothing else can.

You're just getting started on a new chapter of your life. Good for you!

Welcome!

Bob
  • dhanmendhanmen Pro Posts: 2
    Hi, Bob

Thank you so much for your words of encouragement. You are quite right that fulfilling my dream may not be singing in front of audiences or entering in singing competetion but by simply rendering a song to my family and friends and shared to them the joy of singing.

I am planning to record my voice and upload it here then when you get the time, please give your most honest comment. This will be the gauge of my progress doing this wonderful and properly laid out program by Ken.

Again, thank you Bob for giving your time to all of us newbies.

Danny
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    @dhanmen
    Danny,

When you get ready to do a demo, the best thing to record is Ken's basic lah scale. That tells us how you are applying the things in the lessons and helps us to give you some direct, usable feedback. Songs are good, but we can give very focused feedback when you record the exercises. That feedback will help you as you graduate to more complex singing.

Looking forward to hearing you!

Bob
  • deyjeydeyjey Pro Posts: 29